Sunday, January 21, 2007

My thoughts on Lifelong Learning


Listening to the 7 Habits tutorial and trying to pinpoint which habits I have the hardest & easiest times with made me realize that it's not always the same. At times I have trouble using technology (or finding the time to learn how to make use of it) - sometimes it might be the confidence issue - or at times I just have to push myself harder to follow through. But then there will be days I take up something new and sail on through it. One habit I never seem to have a problem with is # 7.5 - Playing! (Not sure if that counts.)

Still, as the title of my blog site suggests, a lot of my thoughts these days (including thoughts on lifelong learning) stray to my newborn little niece Phoebe aka "Bean" - born the same day I started this blog! Her entrance into the world has refreshed my eyes to the learning process from her beginnings (how concentrated her forehead gets while she is still learning to master the complexities of pooping) to the learning we all continue to do... my sister & her husband (Bean's mom & dad) suddenly masters of burping and diapering, my other sister - who has had numerous, less fun challenges thrown into her life the past several years, my parents - juggling between the joy of being new grandparents and their continuing duties to us and learning to adapt to all of the unexpected things that life brings both good and bad, even my boyfriend - who struggles a little with waiting for so much of the drama in my life to calm down.

Well I suppose where all of this rambling is leading is just that I still have many hopes and dreams - less grand than those of my youth - more personal and specific to those I love... I want for myself and those closest to me to continue to learn how to overcome their most important challenges successfully. I plan on taking a part in my baby niece's lifelong learning - I hope to help teach her (and myself and others) all of the good habits and more - but especially I look forward to #7.5 - Playing!

No comments: